Friday, December 25, 2009

A Vintage Murmurs/Leisha Hailey Interivew From their Apartment

A Vintage Murmurs/Leisha Hailey Interivew From their Apartment
So today after about five excruciating days of waiting, my Murmurs CD FINALLY arrived in the mail!  (Yes, I was impatient…)  The reason I knew about them is because  one half of the band was Leisha Hailey, whose band Uh Huh Her is one of my all time favorites and who’s movie “All Over Me” is too amazing [...]

So today after about five excruciating days of waiting, my Murmurs CD FINALLY arrived in the mail!  (Yes, I was impatient…)  The reason I knew about them is because  one half of the band was Leisha Hailey, whose band Uh Huh Her is one of my all time favorites and who’s movie “All Over Me” is too amazing for words.  Their music took me a little while for me to get into because it’s pretty folk-y and they both sing at the same time in most songs the entire way through (not just choruses) which sounds kind of kitschy on first listen, but I’ve really grown to love the simplicity of it all.  And to be honest, I haven’t stopped listening to the album since I got it. 

Anyway, last week while I was browsing through YouTube I found this interview from ‘94 of Leisha and Heather Grody from their NYC apartment (love it) and it was so cute that I had to post it.  I also love Leisha’s pink hair here–she had it in “All Over Me” which is what made me love her so much, so I was thrilled to find out that many of their videos featured her fabulously pink hair too.  (What can I say, I like a girl with a cool hair color if it suits her) But watch and enjoy, and then go buy some Murmurs and Uh Huh Her music.  They’re sound is worlds apart, but absolutely lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment