Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Day in the Life of an Unemployed Blogger

A Day in the Life of an Unemployed Blogger
Ever since losing my job as a civil servant two months ago, I have been feeling busier than ever.  Perhaps it is all of the extra time spent looking for employment, or the extra volunteer work I’m doing.  (I volunteer at my son’s school in the library and with a non-profit that helps sick and [...]

Ever since losing my job as a civil servant two months ago, I have been feeling busier than ever.  Perhaps it is all of the extra time spent looking for employment, or the extra volunteer work I’m doing.  (I volunteer at my son’s school in the library and with a non-profit that helps sick and dying children.)  I thought it would be interesting for myself (and hopefully you) if I laid out my last twenty-four hours to prove whether or not I am really busier. 

  • 11 pm - Uploaded soundtrack songs to my iTunes.
  • Midnight – More of the same, and had a ball doing it, too.
  • 1 am – Read personal emails, and a few of my blog emails, too.  Almost blogged.
  • 2 am – Read most of book Anne Frank: The Book, The Life, The Afterlife.
  • 3 am – Watched Erin Brockovich, and still loved it!
  • 4 am – Googled lead poisoning & environmental toxins after hearing another person from high school died from my toxic hometown.  Around forty of my classmates have died, and many more of our parents have died as well.  Very crazy, and it made me a little crazy thinking about it, too.  RIP Steve.
  • 5 am – Slept.
  • 6 am – Slept.
  • 7 am – Slept.
  • 8 am – Slept.
  • 9 am – Slept.
  • 10 am – Slept.
  • 11 am – Slept.  I slept for the past three days and it has been fantastic!
  • Noon – Finished Christmas shopping this lovely Cyber Monday.  Got a year subscription to EW Magazine for 95% off, just $10.  I’m in HEAVEN.
  • 1 pm – Read and responded to more personal and blog emails.
  • 2 pm - Job search.  Didn’t even find a single job I could apply to.
  • 3 pm – Wrote and published blog post.  Went on Facebook for two minutes and got into trouble for forgetting to return my friend E’s call from Friday.  Sorry girl!
  • 4 pm – Showered, made dinner and hubby’s lunch. 
  • 5 pm – Ate dinner, visited and chatted with hubby.
  • 6 pm – Photo editing.  I have an entire year’s worth of photos to upload and print, and I’m almost done.
  • 7 pm – Went to The Big Bright Light Show.  Got annoyed at all the slow people, but enjoyed my free piece of wedding cake.  Found a used book store and took shelter.
  • 8 pm – Found a first edition Augusten Burroughs book in pristine conditions.  Left and then later came back for it.  I had seen the same book online for over $100, and you’d be amazed to hear I got it for under $14.  I am so geeked right now.  god, how I wish I was employed.  Came home, ate brownie, teased hubby, and caught the end of House.  Poor Wilson …
  • 9 pm - Watched Gossip Girl and caught up on blog comments and emails.  I hate seeing holiday shows after the holiday has past … why didn’t they run it last Monday?  So annoyed, this episode bugged me.  So sick of the Tripp story line. 
  • 10 pm – Caught up on the last forty-five minutes of House, and was shocked to find out that you can catch Transverse Myelitis from a cold sore.  WTF?  My friend has this rare disease and she has been paralyzed from the chest down for several years now.  I also wrote this blog post during this time.  Afterwards I’ll catch up on reading blogs.

So, my obvious question, does it sound like I’m busier than ever?  I think so … but what do you think?  What have you done in the past 24 hours?

Posted in Anne Frank: The Book The Life The Afterlife, Augusten Burroughs, blogging, books, Erin Brockovich, gossip girl, House, itunes, photography, reading, television, Unemployment, volunteering Tagged: Christmas shopping, Cyber Monday, entertainment, life, news, personal, random thoughts, THOUGHTS, Transverse Myelitis

No comments:

Post a Comment