Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy 2nd Blogoversary To Me!

Happy 2nd Blogoversary To Me!
I can not believe that I’ve seen 2,304,806 hits on this blog in just two years.  When I began writing The Girl from the Ghetto, I had no idea what I was doing.  I had no plans, no thoughts as to what this blog was supposed to me.  I was so naive, I think I went [...]

I can not believe that I’ve seen 2,304,806 hits on this blog in just two years.  When I began writing The Girl from the Ghetto, I had no idea what I was doing.  I had no plans, no thoughts as to what this blog was supposed to me.  I was so naive, I think I went six months before I could even insert a link.  I had never read another blog except for my friend’s ex-wife’s blog, which was so stupid and self serving I thought to myself, well, even I can do better than that!  I never thought anyone would read it, and I never thought it would mean so much to me, or that I’d meet so many people that had so much in common with me.  

My blog has always been about my life, and what I like, and don’t like.  I’ve written about tv shows, books, movies, cultural events, travel, photography, music, celebrities, I’ve made fun of people, told funny stories, written about politics and current events, and revealed some of my traumatic childhood and the many struggles I’ve had with invisible illnesses.  Some posts have gotten a lot of hits, my top post had over 42,000 hits in twenty-four hours, and others posts went nowhere.  Sometimes my favorite posts get no love, but I’m hoping even if just one person enjoys what I’ve written, or learns something, then writing it was worth it.  I dream of writing for a living, and perhaps one day I’ll be promoting my own books on this blog.   I’m keeping my fingers crossed, but I just have got to sit down and finish writing what I started in 1991.

Thanks to all of you who have visited, subscribed, commented, emailed, and  supported me because of this blog!

And, I am laughing because of course today would be the day that my blogoversary button would be screwed up and show the wrong date!  Good thing I remembered on my own.

Posted in 2000000 blog hits, 2010, all about me, blogging, blogs, Bragging, Detroit bloggers, friends, fun, ghetto, Michigan Bloggers, pop culture Tagged: Breaking news, Emo, entertainment, humor, life, news, personal, random thoughts, THOUGHTS, writing

Source: thegirlfromtheghetto.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment