Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Sea by Corinne Bailey Rae Review

The Sea by Corinne Bailey Rae Review
Corinne Bailey Rae, where the hell have you been all of my life?  I just finished listening to this Grammy winning artist’s sophomore disk, The Sea, which in a word, ROCKS.  I had been sitting on my couch, getting angrier and angrier at President Obama and his State of the Union speech, and I remembered that [...]

Corinne Bailey Rae, where the hell have you been all of my life?  I just finished listening to this Grammy winning artist’s sophomore disk, The Sea, which in a word, ROCKS. 

I had been sitting on my couch, getting angrier and angrier at President Obama and his State of the Union speech, and I remembered that I had a review copy of The Sea to listen to for my blog.  Within minutes I had forgotten what made me so mad, and I got totally into the music.  By I’d Do It All Again, I was all, Obama who? Watch it below, to see what I mean.

Not only does Corinne have a velvety smooth voice that sounds just like swiss chocolate tastes, but she writes her own damn songs.  What a breath of fresh air, because I tire of these pop tarts who just sing so-so but dance on stage sexy and get paid big bucks doing it.  I could care less if Corinne Bailey Rae can’t dance, I’m all about her musical abilities. Here is a video I found of her performing Closer live in NYC.

My favorite song on The Sea was The Blackest Lily, probably because it is the album’s most sassiest song, and I’m a big fan of sassy.  I can envision millions of single women sitting in their cars, driving along to this song next spring, reflecting on all their bad breakups and relationships.  They are smiling because Corrinne gives them the music therapy they need to have the strength to go on.

Photo by Tierny Gearon

The Sea is definately worth a listen, but don’t take my word for it, listen to the facts – The Sea follows Corinne’s 2006 album Corinne Bailey Rae, which entered the U.K. album chart at #1 and jumped into the Top 5 of The Billboard 200 after her performance on the 2007 Grammy Awards telecast.  Once the U.S. released her first album, Corinne Bailey Rae became the first British female singer-songwriter in decades to have her debut album enter The Billboard 200 in the Top 20.

Go buy your copy of The Sea right now by visiting here.

Visit Corinne Bailey Rae’s website here.

Catch Corinne on Ellen January 28th, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on January 29th. 

 

Photo by Nicole Nodland

Go see Corinne Bailey Rae on her Spring 2010 North American Tour
 
4/9 - Vancouver, BC @Commodore Ballroom
4/11 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theatre
4/12 - Seattle, WA @ Moore Theatre
4/15 - San Francisco, CA @ Regency Ballroom
4/17 - Indio, CA @ Coachella Music and Arts Festival
4/22 - Chicago, IL  @ Vic Theatre
4/28 - Montreal, QC  @ Club Soda
4/30 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues
5/1 – Philadelphia, PA  @ Theatre of Living Arts
5/3 - New York, NY @ Webster Hall
5/11 - Atlanta, GA  @ Center Stage
5/13 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
5/14 - Baltimore, MD @ Ram’s Head Live

Posted in CD Reviews, Corinne Bailey Rae, Detroit bloggers, entertainment, Entertainment Weekly, EW Magazine, Health, Michigan Bloggers, music, music blogs, music therapy, politically correct, politics, singing, song lyrics Tagged: Breaking news, Corinne Bailey Rae The Sea, Ellen, Emo, life, music therapy, musicians, news, personal, random thoughts, The Sea CD review, THOUGHTS

Source: thegirlfromtheghetto.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment